December 2, 2011

Interview: Rebecca

I'd like you to meet my friend, Rebecca. We met through the fabulous Taylor Swift. Alright, well, we technically haven't met yet, but we've been talking on Facebook for about a year and a half and we also became pen pals this year. It has been a lot of fun getting to know her. What I can tell you about her is she's really sweet, she'll do anything for her friends, and she has a big heart. We have a lot in common, like our love for Taylor Swift, Friends, One Tree Hill, and many other things. We were also both close with our grandma's. I'm so glad we've become friends, and I can't wait to finally meet, hopefully at CMA Fest this year :)

Rebecca and Taylor Swift at the red carpet for the BMI's!!!!

Describe yourself in 3 words.
I would describe myself as caring, dedicated and loyal.

Tell us a little about your life (When you were born, some of your experiences, childhood, school, what you do-pretty much anything you want to share)
Let's see.. I'm an only child, I was born in 1989 which seems like ages ago! My school and town were small so everybody was really close. As a child I spent most of my time at school or after school activities, at home with my parents or out at my grandparents house.

If you could be anyone from a book, TV show, or movie...who would you be?
If I could be anybody from a book, movie or tv show I would probably be Melinda from Ghost Whisperer because although having the gift to speak to spirits is odd and scary at times, helping the families and the spirits themselves I think would be rewarding.

If you could date anyone from a book, TV Show, or movie, who would you be?
If I could date anybody from a book, movie or tv show I would either date Seth from the O.C., Channing Tatum's character in Dear John or the guy in The Last Song. They're all SO cute, sweet and treat the girls how they should be treated!

If you could have a superpower, what would you choose?
I would probably choose to be invisible! I think it would be so cool to be able to just be somewhere and have nobody see you.. everybody always says at some point they want to be a fly on a wall somewhere!


Guilty pleasure TV show?
Well I'm pretty obsessed and addicted to One Tree Hill, Friends, Law and Order SVU and Criminal Minds! Quite the different types of shows I know but they all interest me for different reasons and have me laughing, on the edge of my seat in suspense or crying!

If you had a chance to go back to your biggest mistake and change it, would you? Or do you think it has made you a better person because of it?
Probably one of my worst habits is having regret and carrying it around so this question is a hard one! I have a lot of moments I'd like to go back and change and some I think happened because they were supposed to but for the most part I would probably go back and change it!


Who is the one person you've always admired and why?
Well as far as famous people go I've admired Taylor Swift since the first time I learned anything about her! She's a great role model and person! As far as anybody in general I've always admired my grandma, my aunt and my mom. My grandma battled 3 types of cancer before losing her battle and was one of the strongest people I've ever met during everything! My aunt is a 8 year breast cancer survivor and I admire her for that and my mom is just my rock so I admire her for everything!


What's a motto you've always lived by?
I've always lived by the motto/saying "Everything happens for a reason". I've always been a firm believer of this and always will be. We may not always understand or like the reasons but they happened to make us a stronger, better person!


Proudest accomplishment in your life so far? What's something you'd still like to do?
Proudest accomplishment so far in my life is graduating with my Associates Degree in Early Childhood Education and Care. It took me longer to get my degree than expected but I stuck with it and hung in there because it was something I really loved and when I finally got my diploma and graduated I felt so proud of myself. Something I would still like to do is at some point move to Nashville and sing!

Do you make new year resolutions? If so, have you made any for 2012?
I usually don't make New Year's resolutions but I think I'm going to try this year! I'm going to try to not drink as much soda and try and eat healthier.

What's something you're looking forward to?
I'm looking forward to seeing how my job is going to end up after the one year mark and going to Nashville again for my first time at CMA Fest 2012!


What would you tell your 13 year old self, knowing what you know now?
I would probably tell my 13 year old self to not worry so much about what people think of you and to not change yourself to make everybody else happy. If people don't like you for who you are then it's their loss and they're missing out on a great person and friend! Also I'd probably say to not hate life as much either.. at 13 we think life is so hard and tough.. wait until adulthood and the real world!

That's all for now,
Shelby
xoxox

No comments:

Post a Comment