March 4, 2014

I am going to Paley Fest and have lost the ability to even.

Saturday night, while having dinner with my parents at Chili's, I decided to tell my dad how the cast of Parks and Rec (only one of my favorite shows in the entire world) would be at Paley Fest. I explained to him how cool Paley Fest is supposed to be. Usually, the entire (or most of the) cast will be there to answer questions, and how they usually sign autographs at the stage after the event. It also just so happens that I have no school that day either. Fate? Probably.

When we got home later that night, my dad called me out to the living room and said that my mom was looking at tickets.

This was basically my face.


I helped her pick out the seats, and then it was
official. I AM GOING TO PALEY FEST. I have always wanted to go, because they always have a ton of casts from all the top shows (The Vampire Diaries, Glee, White Collar, How I Met Your Mother, Pretty Little Liars, etc.) and at least one of my favorites tends to be there, but it just never worked out.

I did that really annoying thing where I asked myself: is this real life?
Leslie Knope accurately answers my question!

And then it started sinking in that I will be in the same room as Amy Poehler and Adam Scott (as well as several others from the cast):


Then, I started talking to Jim O'Heir (Jerry/Gary/Larry) on Twitter, because he practically always answers my questions. He told me that they have usually signed autographs in the past after, so he doesn't see why they wouldn't now. So, I was all….


That is so exciting (*insert Ron Swanson giggles*)

Now, the planning sets in…

I take after Ben in that department (also Leslie). I want to make a shirt that expresses my love for the show and how much I admire Leslie/Amy.


This will be in the car with my mom. My mom probably won't be as excited, though! haha.


However, I'm still sad that Rob Lowe and Rashida Jones won't be there….

That is lit'rally the worst news ever and I am extremely sad about it.



But, the rest of the cast will help me get through it.

I AM SO EXCITED. 13 DAYS.




Until then, I have to keep myself busy with school (BLAH) and watching Parks and Rec episodes on Netflix and every other channel that they're on during the day. I am okay with that.

That's all for now,
Shelby

No comments:

Post a Comment