November 12, 2013

Today is my favorite day ever.

I woke up this morning with a bit of a knot in my stomach, and kept delaying that initial moment of getting out of bed. It was a little darker than usual, so I was nice and toasty under the covers and didn't want to get up. As soon as I did, I knew it would be closer to having to present on the internet to my Mass Media class, and I was a tad nervous about that. I knew it was going to be a long day, and wasn't sure if I was ready for that.

I got ready, had a breakfast bar and some coffee, and was starting to feel really worried about my presentation. I must have made myself sick, because...Well, it didn't turn out so good. I was just hoping it was only nerves and that I wasn't coming down with a flu bug. I finished getting ready and off to class I went, ready or not, it was time to get it over with.

I made it to the classroom, and only my friend, Tiffany, was sitting in there. We started talking about our presentation and also the next quarter, and discovered that we'll probably have a couple of classes together, which will be a lot of fun! My other friend, Rene, joined us and pretty soon, several others were filing in. My group was trying to get everything together for our presentation, and just started talking to whoever else was around, which helped my nerves settle a little. I really love everyone in there; they make the class so enjoyable, because we can all bounce ideas off of one another and we all come from different walks of life. It was already starting to feel like a different sort of day, but the time just kept passing and there was no sign of our professor, so we all left after about 15-20 minutes later. We checked her office and meetings had been canceled for the day, so we all decided to call it a day and hope she didn't show up for the second class. I can't even begin to tell you how exciting it was.

My friend, Rene, gave me a ride home, where I am now working on homework and watching Parks and Rec. But, really...Why can't more days be like this?! I think it's just what I needed to take my mind off of the presentation so I can refocus and get more work done. Although, I'm not gonna lie; I'm not looking forward to going back to campus to help with the distribution of the newspaper later on tonight, but life goes on. At least I have the afternoon to get a few things done.

Hopefully.

Also, it's overcast outside...Perfect fall weather, and I had some hot chocolate in my Taylor Swift mug >>>> Today is awesome.

That's all for now,
Shelby :)

No comments:

Post a Comment