September 17, 2013

Beat This Summer

This summer, and like most summer's, I wanted to make these few months the best I possibly could. Whether it was hanging out with friends, taking as many chances and opportunities as I could, or going on trips when possible. This Summer exceeded all of my expectations in ways I never could have imagined! 

I knew that this would be one of the last summer's I would have before true adulthood kicked in as I switch from a community college to the big league of a CSU this week! I want to get serious with my career and goals, and this was a summer to do some last minute stuff to get further ahead in those departments and to just enjoy being young and realizing I don't know it all. It was also a time of reflection on where I've been in my life and what I still have left to do. 

But, enough of that, let me go over some of the highlights! 

•The Lauren Graham Book Signing! 


•The American Idol finale and being able to meet some of the idols I had been chatting with on Twitter all season! They were seriously so sweet and I still get a chance to talk to them from time to time, which is fun! 

•Graduating from Taft! 

•Nashville

•Taylor Swift "Red tour" concert 

•L.A trips! 

•Chris Colfer book signing

•Bass Lake

There were so many other incredible memories of hanging out with friends and going to the movies or even just simple things like going for a bike ride or eating breakfast outside, while I'd read my devotion and Bible. But, if I went through each and every thing, we'd probably be here all day! Haha! 
All of that down time has helped me prepare for school, since I started today. It's kind of depressing to officially say goodbye to all the fun times and not having too many cares in the world. But I'm determined and ready to get the show on the road. After all, my end goal is Nashville after graduation... So, that'll keep me motivated when I feel like giving up.

"As long as I live, whatever I do, as great as it is, you know what's a bummer? I ain't ever gonna beat this summer with you..." 

Here's to a great new school year! I'll be updating about all of the fun along the way! :) 

That's all for now,
Shelby 

No comments:

Post a Comment