September 3, 2013

30 Day Challenge (Day 10)-Describe Your Most Embarrassing Moment

I know I've had a lot of random, awkward moments over the years, like bad hair days, not speaking when Nick Jonas looked my way, feeling like I bombed a presentation or getting turned down by a crush who didn't return the same feelings, and other cringe worthy moments where I just really made a mistake and shouldn't have opened my mouth when I did..But, most embarrassing? Let's throw it back to high school.

I think I'm going to go with one that always kind of bothers me when I think back to it. It was my freshman year in algebra, with this really wacky teacher, and a few kids in the class who just really made me feel insecure as it was. Well, I went up to the teacher's desk to ask her a question, when I accidentally knocked off one of the students' books off of his desk, in the front row. I had planned to pick them up and apologize for it when I came back, because I still had to go back that way anyway...But, I didn't get that far. The teacher, who I won't name, called me out in front of everyone and told me to say that I was sorry (she had a tendency to treat us like we were 5). One of the snotty girls, who always seemed to act like she had everything together and everyone else should have to live up to her standards, made some comment as well, and it just made me feel extremely awkward like I was a horrible person. I knocked his book off the desk, it wasn't the end of the world..And I didn't need someone telling me I need to apologize. Besides, if you have to tell someone to apologize, then it comes across not very sincere in the first place, am I right? I was very insecure and making sure I always did the right thing was important to me...So something like this, made me want to crawl in a hole. But, eventually, I got over it.

Also, another time might be when I suggested that we should make an American Idol basket, when coming up with ideas for this fundraiser we were having at school. Yeah, everyone looked at me like I was the craziest person alive or that I needed help. I just wanted to donate some of my Carrie autographs, and I knew a lot of people liked it (even though they didn't have the guts to admit it), so I just thought I'd throw that out there and be bold to speak my mind. I always ended up doing it at the weirdest times. Though, come to think of it, it just made me more annoyed with my class then embarrassed...Never mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment