August 2, 2013

These Are The Days I Want To Remember


Yesterday, I was sitting at my desk watching Glee, eating leftover Chinese food, and texting one of my best friends as we talked and cried over the last season of the show and Cory Monteith's death. I know that probably doesn't sound like much or makes me sound extremely pathetic, but I'm starting to hold these memories closer to my heart, and started thinking, "These are the moments right here." These things that all seem so insignificant right now are really everything. The simple text from a friend, dinner with family, laughing until you can't breathe, trips that aren't planned...All of it.

This is where all of my shaping and growth is really taking place. This is the age where I'm going to make the most mistakes, and then I'm going to bounce back and figure out exactly what I want. These are the days when I'm not responsible for anyone else and the hardest decision I have to make is what kind of cereal do I want for breakfast? Or what show do I want to start next on Netflix next? I know this is probably one of my last summers of being so carefree, so I intend to make the most of it. This is the age to try out new hairstyles, meet new people, listen to your music a little louder, try a new look out...See what works and what doesn't. I think I'm in that stage right now, and I'm really excited about it.

I'm a planner, so sometimes it's hard for me to just enjoy right now, without thinking about thirty years into the future about where I'll be or what I should be doing to get there. Growing up may be hard in some aspects; learning when to let go and when to move on, or whether to hold on for as long as you can. But, eventually you find your way and it'll be really sweet.

That's all for now,
Shelby :)

No comments:

Post a Comment