February 12, 2013

Sunday (AKA Grammy Day)

Sunday was a pretty laid back one! We went to church, which is starting a new series on marriage. And to be honest, I haven't been too excited about that one, just because I'm nowhere near it. They've mentioned that it will be relevant for singles too and all relationships, so I'm taking that into consideration. It was a great message, and these are tips I will definitely apply to my life, if/when I get married. When the service ended, we talked with some friends and visited for awhile, then went out to lunch at Mexicali, and came home for the rest of the afternoon. Anytime there's an award show on, I have to make sure that I'm home for all of the coverage. So, I parked myself in front of the TV with my mom and we watched the red carpet coverage and all of that exciting stuff.
Then, I received a text I was not very happy about at all, which kind of put a damper on my attitude a bit, then I tried to shake it as much as possible, because it's just not important or worth wasting time over.





When the red carpet ended, I went to dinner with my parents and we ran to Rite Aid for a few minutes to pick up some things, then we booked it home just in time for the opening of The Grammy's, and on the couch is where I was parked the rest of the night, in order to see all the performances. But, that deserves an entire post of its own.

It was a really wonderful weekend, and I hope to someday either be reporting from The Grammy's or performing. I'll take either!

That's all for now,
Shelby







No comments:

Post a Comment