February 3, 2013

February Is Here


Wow! I can't believe how quickly January passed off. It was a great time of reflection; looking back on 2012-how wonderful it was and what I learned from it, as well as looking forward to what lies ahead and what I want to do differently in 2013. I feel like I've been in a funk, and that needs to change. It's time to make this the best year I've ever had and make 2012 look like just what it is, yesterday's news.

February is here, and I like to call it "the month of love",  as I'm sure many do, since it's the time when Valentine's Day shows up. I think it's a sweet holiday, but at the same time, I just find it really annoying and a reminder that I don't have a special someone. I'm okay with that, but it still feels weird when this day rolls around every year, and I'm reminded that I've never had a "valentine". I find that I'm cynical towards the cards on the shelves, the cheesy bears, and outrageous boxes of what should be just plain and simple chocolates. Over the past few years, it has become another holiday like Christmas, where people feel the need to spend a lot of money on things that their loved ones will probably not use, and that's not what it was intended for in the first place. However, I am a big fan of all the candy, the heart designs, and wearing red and pink together. It also gives me just another reason to blast Taylor Swift songs and watch chick flicks. As if I needed another reason.

A couple things to get you in the mood for love:

Paperman Short from Disney:
I knew this was nominated for a Golden Globe, and because I'm a huge Disney fan, I had been hearing a lot about this popular short, but when I tried to look it up, I never could find the full length feature. When I looked at Bethany Joy Lenz's blog today, I was so excited that she had posted it! I immediately fell in love with it, and thought it was perfect with Valentine's Day coming up. When you meet that one person that changes your life, if it's meant to be, you'll always find your way back to each other in the end. It also reminds me of Jim and Pam from The Office in cartoon form.
Full length short!
Chick Flicks:
A Walk To Remember
When In Rome
Sweet Home Alabama
Legally Blonde 1&2
The Last Song
The Notebook
13 Going On 30
Tangled

Pinterest:
There are a ton of great ideas for crafts and gift ideas, as well as sweet treats and cute quotes. It's always nice to

Valentine Card from Ian Somerhalder:
Ian is the real reason I'm as into The Vampire Diaries as I am. That may be dumb, but I just love him that much, okay? I love the heart that he has and the passion that he throws into whatever he does. Well, him and Joseph Morgan will be signing personalized valentine's for the limited amount of them that are sold. You can find out more info on how to purchase and more info here. I would seriously kill to have one of those. Just kidding; see what I did there?! Vampires kill...That sort of thing. Okay, it wasn't that funny. Let's all just look at Ian now. 


I'm sure there are other mushy gushy things out there, but here are just some ideas to get you in the loving mood :)

That's all for now,
Shelby

No comments:

Post a Comment