November 30, 2012

The Weekly Review

It was a pretty lazy day for me, just getting in the mood for Tuesday! I spent a lot of time chilling on the couch, reading some magazines I downloaded on my iPad (Metal Floss-look it up if you've never seen it), and I also went for a bike ride to get some exercising in after Thanksgiving, and all the eating we did. I also looked through old journals from high school, which still gave me anxiety as I read through them. It's pretty crazy when you know how the story turns out and it still makes you feel bad about the whole thing. I painted some Christmasy pictures of Cars, and the best news I heard all day is that Ben Savage and Danielle Fishel have officially signed on for Girl Meets World. It is only a pilot right now, but if the buzz keeps up like it is, it could be picked up for a full season. 

The entire day was devoted to the Jonas Brothers and it was AWESOME!

I was so wiped out from the show, and so was my mom, but we had to go to the grocery store to pick up meals for the week. It actually wasn't as bad as I thought it'd be, and there was no one there, so we could get in and get out. I got home and just was not feeling well at all, so I was once again very mopey.

My friend, Michele, picked me up and we drove to Taft for classes. I filled her in on my adventure on Tuesday, and she filled me in on her internship, which is absolutely crazy and there are plenty of stories to tell. We got to school; she went to her class and I went to the office to check on meeting with someone from the  university I'm trying to transfer to next fall. Apparently, you had to have an appointment, so I wasn't able to talk to anyone. But, then I realized I needed to get my transcript still, in order to turn it in and have the application process complete. I was running around to several stations, trying to get it all squared away, which was so stressful. I finally got it all taken care of, then decided to hang out in the library for awhile. My friend, Amanda wasn't there, because she had gone to LA for the Jonas Brothers concert, so I just went to a cubicle by myself to try to get work done. I ended up making out a list of things to do, and browsing the internet for blogs, which was entertaining. I was about to have an emotional breakdown. I'm telling you, they come at the most inopportune times, and it's not pretty. I sucked it up and decided to write a bit, until it was time for class.
Class was pretty much the same as always. We discussed stories that the next group had written, went over our final project and I wrote pretty much the entire time, feeling like I wanted to fall asleep. 
After class, Michele and I headed back into town, talking about a little of everything; the process of college and how stressful it is, the possibility of her going with me to our Creative Writing reading for our final, and finding connections for me, as far as the entertainment/journalist route goes.
By the time I got home, I was pretty wiped out/not feeling good/just having one of those days when things just felt complicated, even if only in my mind. Some people were picking up a couch from us, so my mom was dealing with that for awhile, while I was just trying to relax. We ate lunch, watched the Justin Bieber special on Oprah from Sunday, and dropped off my transcript at the university. Even just pulling onto campus, I felt overwhelmed by the size...Going from all the schools that I've been to, to this..It'll definitely be a culture shock, I'm sure. On the way out of the office, I ended up running into my friend, Katee! We haven't seen each other or talked in awhile, so we caught up for a few minutes, which was nice and said we needed to hang out again. I met her when I was a freshman in high school and she was a junior! It's crazy to me that even though we don't talk all the time, we still keep in contact and run into each other from time to time, and it's like nothing changes. That's a true friend. 
I came home for a little while, took a shower, and headed to church for Christmas choir practice. We mingled for a few minutes, then got down to business. We went over a few songs, including, Shake Up Christmas, Oh Holy Night, Joy To The World, and Go Tell It On The Mountain. Oh Holy Night, no matter how many times you've learned it, it is still such a tedious song to go over, but remembering the parts and notes gets easier each year, especially when most of the choir returns every time. As for Go Tell It On The Mountain, let's just say we were all getting a little tired of it by the end of the night. When we called it quits, I was so exhausted; my head was pounding and I did not want to listen to another Christmas song. 
My mom picked me up, then we ate dinner when my dad came home, while watching the Christmas Tree lighting in Rockefeller Center that we had recorded. The rest of the night, I watched The Vampire Diaries and running the scenes over and over in my mind, completely flabbergasted at the whole thing. If you've seen it, you know exactly what I mean. 

Today, I slept in quite a bit, finally pulled out my devotion and Bible to spend some time with God and I felt really good about the day. My mom had some phone calls to take care of, but one brought about some good news, which was cool! :) When we were both dressed and ready to go, we headed to the bank, then had lunch at Panera, which was nice! My mom wanted to get some boots, so we decided to go to the mall, which was least for the first little while. I knew I would be bored at home, so after she found some boots at Macy's, we went into American Eagle and the new Apple store, which was really nice. I found a really cool gadget I'd love to have! 
I was getting really tired and losing energy again, so we headed home. It was extremely gloomy today outside and looked like it was going to rain, but it was still in the 70s, which wasn't cool when I decided to wear a heavier sweater and UGGs. We stopped by Sam's Club to get some festive mixes and treats to make; we ended up with a decorate your own gingerbread cookies kit and brownie mix. Should be a great way to get into the holiday spirit, because I need something.
I spent the rest of the afternoon, basically doing what I always do...Online, writing, watching TV, just sort of...There. I also tried to get some things organized; more planning and doing for the assignments I have the rest of this semester, and praying that I actually get the motivation to get it done. I'm just so ready for this semester to be over. 
Tonight, we had some running around to do with my dad, but that didn't last too long and I got a milkshake from Jack in the box, so...YAY! 

All in all, it was a really strange, yet awesome week! Here's to a great weekend. It's kind of like the calm before the storm. It's probably the last normal weekend before all of the complete chaos of Christmas will hit, and what an interesting time that will be.

That's all for now,

No comments:

Post a Comment