October 23, 2012

The Weekend Review

It wasn't an ordinary weekend, as I guess most of mine haven't been lately. I woke up close to 11, which was a lot later than I had planned on, but I was wiped out. My parents had some things to take care of, so I just took care of some things that I needed to around the house.

Ian Somerhalder's nephew follows me on Twitter..WHOA!

After we were all ready to go, we decided to go to Outback, and I ended up running into one of my friends I haven't seen in awhile. It was good catching up with her, and the food was so good as always! We came home for a little while, because we were having a new couch delivered, and they were actually on time, which was good.

After getting things set up, we realized we needed a few things at Wal-Mart, so we headed over there for a little while. I ended up getting the Country Weekly with Taylor Swift on it and some snacks when my friend, Sarah came over.
My parents dropped me back off at the house to run an errand, they came home, and pretty soon, my friend, Sarah, came over. We had been talking for the longest time about getting together, so we decided to have a "sleepover." We had so much fun together! It was honestly the first time we've ever really hung out for any length of time, other than texting, which doesn't count. We talked for almost four hours about life and catching each other up on our high school years. We covered a lot!
Then, we decided to make a commentary video of the latest Vampire Diaries episode, because we're both obsessed with it. You can be expecting the full show pretty soon; I'm going to try to post it later this week before episode three. We had a lot of fun just rambling, and taking some pictures. We ate pizza that my parents brought home and chatted with my mom for a bit, then went back to my room to finish the video. After that, we sat on my bed, listened to some T. Swift, and just talked some more, while tweeting random celebrities (Justin Bieber and Ian Somerhalder) and comparing followers, because we're cool like that. I think we both finally fell asleep around 2:30 or so.

The next morning, we woke up around eight, so we had plenty of time to get ready. Sarah curled my hair with "the wand" and I absolutely loved it! I really need to think about getting one soon. We had fun just chillin and getting all purdied up. When we were all dressed up, it was time for church. It was a really great service about having faith in a BIG God. It was about truly stepping back and letting God do all that He is capable of, in our relationships, career, etc. I truly believe that He is going to do BIG things in my life, but sometimes it's hard to remember that when we go through dry spells.
After service ended, we visited around for a few minutes, saying hi to people we knew. My mom also bought tickets to see Mercy Me tickets in December when they come to our church, which is extremely exciting!
We decided to have lunch at Chilli's, but we had to stop at my aunt's house, so my mom could check on her cat. I called ahead to put our name down, but I ended up saying, "I'd like to place an order for four.." Or something really lame like that, and felt like complete idiot. Sarah and I decided to take a ton of pictures to document this special weekend, while my mom ran inside and I finished the phone call to pass the time.

We headed to eat after that, and there was a lot of conversation with Sarah; talking about everything from traveling to American Idol, and a lot of other random things in between. It was really good getting to spend time with her. When we finished, her mom picked her up, and we said goodbye. It was such a wonderful time, and I can't wait until we're able to hang out again.
A lot of the afternoon, I tried to work on homework, because I realized that I had waited just a little too long on everything, so I had a lot of catching up to do. I was extremely stressed out, and didn't have the ability to focus for whatever reason. I am feeling really discouraged by this whole college experience, and the math class I'm taking especially. I keep thinking that one of these days, some big moment is going to happen and everything is going to change, and I won't feel this way anymore, but no such luck so far.

After awhile, my parents and I decided to check out the pumpkin patch not too far away from our house. I was really excited to finally be doing something festive for this month, and going to the pumpkin patch is always a highlight for me. It's perfectly set for fall, with leaves changing color, a small lake at the center, surrounded by pumpkins, squash, and scarecrows. Luckily, a cooler breeze was blowing, and it wasn't hot like last year. There's nothing worse than it not feeling like the season you're in. Thank you, California. We looked around for quite some time, in search of the "perfect pumpkin," but it just wasn't there.

We decided to go to Save Mart, because my dad had mentioned they had some good ones. Boy, was he right! We each found one that was just right. We picked up a few other items, and came home. We picked up dinner a little after that, and ran another errand. I wasn't in a good mood, and wasn't feeling great, and just wanted to be home. It was a pretty nice night, just watching TV on our new couch; getting homework done, and anticipating the new CD from Taylor Swift, Red, while talking to friends. I also watched Married To Jonas. Alright, so maybe it's not exactly anything glamorous, but it doesn't have to be. I'm learning to be content with whatever I'm doing, whoever I'm with, and wherever that may be. Gotta enjoy the ride, wherever it takes me.

It was a really great weekend, but it went way too fast! Now, it's back to more homework and planning, because life slows down for no one.

That's all for now,

No comments:

Post a Comment