July 22, 2012

Weekend At The Beach

Friday, my parents and I went to the beach for Alabama concert! We got a bit of a later start than I thought we might, and it seems like from there things just kept getting pushed back. We had made it to our hotel in good timing, only to see a big crowd in the lobby waiting for rooms. Shortly after, everyone else got checked in, but we were still waiting for ours. It took at least 30 minutes of waiting before we got a room, but they did upgrade us to a suite with a balcony, so it made up for that! We hurried to get ready, then drove over near the Mid-State fair. There's a BBQ restaurant right across the street from the fairgrounds, so decided to go there. Its been a bit of a tradition the last few years that we've gone. We met up with my cousin for dinner, and we hadn't seen him in awhile, so it was nice spending time with him. After, we headed into the fair to walk around a bit, but seeing as we didn't have much time, we were only able to make it into a couple buildings and met up with my aunt and uncle. It was 7:15 before we realized it and the show was about to start. It was an absolute must to get some cotton candy, then we found our seats. We were in the grandstands this time, but it was actually better. I don't know that I was up for fighting the crowd of the floor seats. I was sitting smack dab in the middle too which was awesome, so we really had the perfect view. My dad informed me as the show had started that the last time him and my mom saw Alabama in concert, cell phones hadn't even really come out yet...That put it into perspective for me of how long it had been LOL. It was a lot of fun! They might not have been as hyped up as they once were, running around the stage like Brad Paisley, but they still had the crowd getting into it. Maybe I just wasn't used to how tame the crowd was...I'm used to CMA Fest where mainly everyone's drunk and annoying most of the time! The group sang most of their hits and a few that I was unfamiliar with. I was bummed they didn't sing, "I'm In A Hurry (And Don't Know Why)," but I guess when you have as many hits as they do, it's hard to sing them all, right? I'm glad I got to see a full show of theirs, since they're such legends and I've basically grown up with their music. We walked around the fair, trying to find a funnel cake, but when we didn't find one, we went to In-N-Out...The perfect end to a really great day!

"These are the moments I thank God that I'm alive...These are the moments, I'll remember all my life..."
~Sara Evans~
Yesterday, which was Saturday, we went to breakfast with my aunt and uncle at the Madonna Inn. It's really eclectic/old fashioned inside. It's so dainty and girly! I'd love to have  a girls weekend there; it's definitely one of the best places for it. It was a blast hanging out with my aunt and uncle; they are hilarious together! We ran some errands around town to get some things for dinner (Wal-Mart and Costco), then headed back to their campsite. My dad and I had been talking for the last month or so that we were going to rent bikes of some sort on the beach when we got over there this weekend, but when it came down to it, I thought the four person bike would be fun, after seeing a few on the street. My mom and cousin, Nick, agreed, so we decided to get one of those. It was a freakin' blast. We rode down the street into town, laughing our heads off, as people just smiled at us. Maybe we were having way too much fun, because they just kept giving us this weird look...Although, I guess we were a bit on the loud side...Haha! Stay tuned for the video, possibly.

The rest of the night, we spent time around the campfire, eating dinner, making s'mores and just talking. It reminded me of the stories that my grandma used to tell me when I was little my mom and her family going camping as kids. It always sounded like such fun, and now I can finally say I've been able to somewhat experience it. 

This morning, we got up a little earlier, got ready, packed up our stuff and headed out. My allergies are messing up a bit, I think mainly after the fire pit and dust last night. We walked along the beach for awhile, which was so beautiful. If only I could start every morning out like that, I think I'd be in a much better mood ;) There is something so peaceful, yet powerful at the same time. You can see God's beauty firsthand and feel his presence, for sure! By the time we made it back to the pier, we were ready for lunch, so we decided to eat at Brad's just up the street, since it was within walking distance. We sat on the patio, which was a bit chilly, but we tried to soak up as much cold air as we could when we got back to the 106 degree weather here in town...YUCK! Lunch was really tasty, though! When we finished eating, we stocked up on candy at the store down the street, and I even picked up a lollipop for Hollie on American Idol, just in the off chance that we get to meet her, I'll give it to her...because I'm cheesy like that! Then, once again it was time to leave, almost as soon as we got there. I'm so thankful for this weekend and how relaxing it was. It was a nice break to get away from it all and spend time with my family, just doing the simple things. I get so caught up in the rush of always having to stay busy or do BIG things, etc. But, those are really the best moments that I'll always remember when it comes down to it.

Tonight, I'll be watching the Teen Choice Awards and calling it a night early, since my mom and I are going to LA for the American Idol concert tomorrow night! AH!!!! I can't wait. I'm crossing my fingers to meet Hollie, Skylar, and Elise since I didn't get a chance to talk to them at the finale, and of course, I'd love another picture with Colton ;). We shall see what happens. I'm off the computer for the rest of the night to enjoy myself and to take some time to just...BE.

Talk to you later,

No comments:

Post a Comment