- Fall shows are back on: This week has been crazy TV wise as all the shows have been premiering. Between Two and a Half Men (now starring Ashton Kutcher), Glee, Castle, Modern Family, and Ellen, my DVR has been working over time trying to keep up. Not only are old shows returning, there have been brand new shows starting up, such as "The New Girl" and Simon Cowell's "The X Factor." Both which I'm loving so far!
- I love the Fall fashions and the warm color tones that are used like browns, greens, reds, and oranges. They're comforting, and cozy! My favorites are sweaters, scarves, and boots.
I've always loved it when the county fair came to town as a kid, and still do, even if we don't go! My parents and I have always had a tradition of driving by the night before it opens or one of the first nights that it's here. Maybe I've watched too many chick flicks or have read a little too many Nicholas Sparks novels, but when I think of county fairs, I think of "cute" first dates. Our county fair hasn't always been the greatest, but it's still fun, and I enjoy going. There are quite a few rides, music, food, games, and so much more to check out. Plus, it gives people something to do! Kellie Pickler will be performing next Saturday and I would love to see her! She's such a sweet person, and good performer.
|According to Chelsea Kane, these are some of the fashions to wear to the fair!|
- I love the colors of the leaves changing, and the cool, crisp air! However, like I said, it's still HOT out here, so we don't always get the full effects of Fall, which is upsetting to me. Hopefully it will be cooling down soon.
- Halloween isn't my favorite holiday, but it does have some fun perks like eating more candy, carving pumpkins, etc. It's a lot of fun! Last year, I carved my first pumpkin, so it was a very monumental year! When I was younger, I used to always look forward to Disney Channel's spooky marathon, where they'd play the Halloween episodes of Lizzie McGuire, Even Stevens, That's So Raven, and all the other classics I grew up on. Looking back, it's funny how I used to get a little freaked out with some of the episodes, and they weren't scary AT ALL. I was strange!
- I love Thanksgiving! Christmas has always been my favorite holiday, but Thanksgiving is following closely behind. I love that it hasn't been commercialized, and that the holiday is still exactly as it should be. It's about being thankful that we live in this amazing country, our families, friends, and all that God has given us. It's one of those days, we can sit back and reflect with the ones we love without other material things getting in the way. It's all about the four "F's": Family, food, football, and freedom! :) And I do love the Macy's Thanksgiving Parade! It's always fun to check out the floats and stars that are performing.
- The festive foods are always great to try too! And it's the start of the holiday weight gain, which is not so good...lol.
- I also love a good Gilmore Girls marathon on a Fall day, because it ALWAYS seems to be fall in Stars Hollow! It's hard not get excited or into a festive mood when you watch all their town gatherings and events thrown by good ole Taylor Doose.
That's all for now! If you have any fun fall traditions or recipes you'd like to share, feel free!