November 26, 2014

Another quarter come and gone


Yesterday I officially wrapped up the fall quarter, which means I won't be going back to school until January. The holiday season is officially here, and I could not be more excited. It's time for baking, family, friends, Christmas music, lights and celebrating Jesus.

This quarter was challenging in so many ways, more emotionally than anything. But, I survived and that's what matters, right? Now, I'm just praying that I passed all of my classes. Somehow this ended up being the hardest quarter and I was thinking it would be the easiest the entire time. HA! We had a lot going on with the newspaper - A lot of stories would come up at the last minute, and we had several new members we were training. I feel like I was exhausted and just kept trying to find the energy and motivation to do anything. Normally, I feel ready to go after the summer break, but this was a strange one, so I didn't feel rested up at all. I was moody and grouchy most of the time and didn't get as much sleep as I should have. I'm just glad it's DONE. Only two more quarters to go, and then I graduate. HALLELUJAH! But, then real life begins...So, I'm not sure

Add in a disappointing crush, and you'd have a really great rom com. I often feel like my life is always a romantic comedy, just without the leading man, which is unfortunate sometimes. On the plus side, I have an incredible support system and people that have been around me throughout the whole thing. I'm SO thankful to each and every one of them. There's just usually a lot of wishful thinking on my part, but it's gotta be about trusting God's timing, instead of trying to plan it out myself.

My cousin is getting married and so is one of my dearest friends, so I will be helping with planning for their weddings!! Ah! At least other people are having luck in that department haha!

But, in the meantime... I ran some errands with my mom today, cleaned my room, made Taylor Swift's pumpkin chocolate chip cookies and helped her get a few other things ready for our Thanksgiving tomorrow. I'm listening to some Christmas music and getting in the festive mood. This is going to be a wonderful holiday season - GOOD ATTITUDES ALL AROUND. :D

Okay, that's all for now. I need to go write some more and read some more..My creative juices are flowing.

That's all for now,
Shelby






No comments:

Post a Comment