August 28, 2014

Losing Time

The last couple weeks, I've been making a mental list of all the things that I've wanted to get done.

  • Clean out my closet
  • Get crafty with magazines and Pinterest things
  • Finish stories I've been working on
  • Get started on work for some classes
  • Edit the movie clips I've shot recently
  • Get my hair cut
  • Set up interviews
  • Write my article for the paper 
  • Finish Friday Night Lights on Netflix
  • Start applying for jobs/start looking into other online sites to write for
At the beginning of the summer, I took several weeks to just have some "me time." I slept in, I watched TV, I didn't write much of anything, I listened to music and I hung out with Taylor Swift for a day. If that's not relaxing, I don't know what is. My mind was clear and I felt great; ready to take on the world. It was exactly what I'd been craving. 

Then, all of a sudden, things were picking up again. I was doing interviews, I was writing stories, we started having meetings for the paper, then there's been plenty that I needed to get ready for school with textbooks, etc. I'm starting to feel like I need another vacation and I don't want to be worn out before I start classes again. I think I've just been spending too much time online/on my phone. After awhile, I just feel sort of numb to everything...Blahhhhh. Sometimes you just need to tune out all of the noise. Or at least I do. Otherwise, I start to feel a little overwhelmed. Now, I have about 2-3 weeks before school starts, and I know they're going to fly by. Here's to making them count. 

I better get back to my "to do list"...*Sigh* Maybe I'll go on a bike ride or do something to clear my mind and gain some perspective. 

That's all for now,
Shelby :)


No comments:

Post a Comment