January 11, 2014

The Start of the Winter Quarter

After I got home Monday night! SO tired!
Christmas break officially ended last Monday, and it was back to school I went. I've finished my first week, which means there are only nine more to go! WOO! This week was actually really great compared to my first week in the last quarter (so far anyway). This time...I knew what to expect, where all of my classes were and had a feel for the campus and everyone around me. Now, I feel like I'm actually starting to get excited about what I'm studying to do, which is Journalism. I don't feel so overwhelmed just yet, and haven't had much homework, or then again, I just haven't done it (OOPS). Hard to say! But, I feel like I know how to prioritize a little better.

It was so nice being back on campus and seeing familiar faces walking around or in my classes! The first day was a little exhausting, and my head was throbbing by the time I got home, because there was so much information and so many introductions we had to make. I got home that night and just crashed with a heating pad on my face in my room, then had dinner and watched TV. It was perfect. I realized I was going to need to eat a better breakfast and to take some healthier snacks, which is exactly what I did on Wednesday, and things went a lot smoother and I didn't feel as tired.

Tuesday! 

Parks & Rec and tea from Starbucks. Two of my favorite things.


Healthy salad!


Here's my schedule:

10:00-11:25 ** Features Writing
Lunch break
12:45-2:00 ** Newspaper 
(Sometimes I'll get a break, but I might have to stay and take care of business for the newspaper)
3:00-5:05 ** Mass Media and Society
5:15-7:20 ** Theories in Communication 

Marissa and I were able to hang out on Thursday! We made calzones and memory jars!
It's a really long day, but as long as I eat good and get a lot of sleep, it's actually not as bad as I imagined it could have been. I have friends in all of my classes, and I always look forward to theories now, because it's like our little "family" from Intro to Mass Comm. last quarter, which makes for such a fun time. We're usually picking on one another and or laughing at whatever is going on.

Watching White Collar last night! SO GOOD!
On the plus side, I also have Tuesdays and Thursdays off, so it gives me a break in between the SUPER long days, and I can catch up with homework, as well. I think that's going to be my saving grace this quarter. I'm praying things don't get too hectic, but if they do, I think I'll know how to handle it a little better than last time. This time around, I'm just wanting to enjoy myself a little more. I want to keep my eyes on the prize and focus on what I need to do, but not so much that I don't get a chance to spend time with my friends or to get involved with other things, or to be a little more spontaneous. After all, I'm only 21…There's no reason to start acting like I'm 80 so soon. I have the rest of my life to do that.

And this quarter is officially kicked off. Time to take a deep breath and see what's in store. *sigh*

That's all for now,
Shelby :)

No comments:

Post a Comment