October 23, 2011

Revelations I Had At Church

“Oh, how many times have I broken your heart? But, still you forgive, if only I ask. How many times have you heard me pray? Draw near to me…Everything I need is you; my beginning, my forever!” <3

I think for so long I have tried to cover up scars and wounds of past mistakes I’ve made and past hurts that people have done to me. I think I thought it made me weak or lesser of a person to admit when I had flaws or to admit when I needed help. But, it’s just the opposite. The more you hold in, the more pain you’re going to feel, because you aren’t dealing with it. I am finally okay with admitting that I’ve let things go to a place where they shouldn’t have, but enough is enough. It’s time to CHANGE. It’s time to FORGIVE others. It’s time to APOLOGIZE. And to own up to MY mistakes.

When we are honest with the brokenness in our lives, we can help other people see the light. I’ve screwed up more than I can count, and maybe I haven’t always been as honest as I should have been about it. But, it’s time to just be honest with myself, and that it’s not the end of the world. In fact, it’s just the beginning for God to really work in my life.
  • Broken people have God’s attention
  • Brokenness is not the same as being broken!** My favorite
  • Broken people healed bring healing to others
  • Broken people made whole become His representatives
I want to get my life together with God, so that He can use me in all the ways He’s been trying to. I’ve been pushing Him away, without realizing it, and it’s time to stop. Now is the time to take a step back, and see what He has planned. The future is going to be a really wonderful thing! I just have to trust Him. For the first time in a long time, I feel WHOLE; not worried, not anxious, not unhappy, not sad…I feel at peace. :)

I didn’t mean to get religious on here; I just wanted to share about the relationship with Christ! It’s not about the rules and regulations or tasks of the church, it’s just about being real with God. That’s what matters to me, and that’s what matters to Him.

Hope you all have an incredibly blessed Sunday!
xoxo
Shelby

No comments:

Post a Comment